On this page
Add user authentication to your Node.js Express app
Get started with Node.js Express + Okta
These resources walk you through adding user authentication to your Node.js Express app in minutes.
Integrate with Okta using the Okta-hosted Sign-In Widget
These SDKs help you integrate with Okta by redirecting to the Okta Sign-In Widget using OpenID Connect (OIDC) client libraries.
Express JS redirect authentication sample app (opens new window): See Okta-hosted login (opens new window) for a redirect configuration.
Integrate with Okta using embedded Sign-In Widget and SDKs
These SDKs help you integrate with Okta to build your own fully-branded authentication by embedding an Okta Sign-In Widget and/or SDK.
- Express JS embedded authentication with SDK sample app (opens new window)
- Express JS embedded Sign-In Widget sample app (opens new window)
Okta Classic Node.js SDKs
- The Okta Node.js SDK (opens new window) can be used in your server-side code to create and update users and groups.
- okta-sdk-nodejs on npm (opens new window)
- Node.js SDK reference (JSDoc) (opens new window)
- Okta JWT Verifier for Node.js (opens new window)
- Okta OIDC Middleware for Node.js (opens new window)
Okta-hosted Sign-In Widget guide:
Sign users in to your web app using the redirect model
Embedded SDK and Sign-In Widget sign-in guide:
Get set up with Identity Engine sample apps and embedded use cases
- Protect your API endpoints
- Implement the Authorization Code flow
- Add an identity provider (includes social login)
- Validate access tokens
- Validate ID tokens
Note: Browse our recent Node.js Developer Blog posts (opens new window) for further useful topics.