On this page
Add user authentication and Okta Resource Management to your ASP.NET app
These resources walk you through adding user authentication to your ASP.NET app in minutes.
These SDKs help you integrate with Okta by redirecting to the Okta Sign-In Widget using OpenID Connect (OIDC) client libraries.
- ASP.NET redirect authentication sample app (opens new window): See Okta-Hosted Login (opens new window) for a redirect configuration.
- ASP.NET Web Forms redirect authentication sample app (opens new window): See Okta-Hosted Login (opens new window) for a redirect configuration.
These SDKs help you integrate with Okta to build your own fully-branded authentication by embedding an Okta Sign-In Widget and/or SDK.
Okta Identity Engine:
- Identity Engine .NET SDK (opens new window)
- ASP.NET embedded authentication with SDK sample app (opens new window)
- ASP.NET embedded Sign-In Widget sample app (opens new window)
Okta Classic Engine:
- The Okta .NET Authentication SDK (opens new window) is useful if you cann't use OIDC and need your server-side code to interact with the Authentication API for handling the sign-in flow.
- Okta's Okta ASP.NET OIDC middleware Integration (opens new window) makes it easy to add sign-in to your ASP.NET Core applications and protect your Web APIs.
- Okta ASP.NET OIDC integration on NuGet (opens new window)
- The Okta Management SDK for .NET (opens new window) uses .NET Standard and works with both .NET Framework and .NET Core. It's helpful to work with the Okta Management API to manage users, groups, apps, and so on, on the fly.
- The Okta Xamarin SDK (opens new window) follows current best practice for native apps using OIDC and the Authorization Code flow + PKCE.
Okta-hosted Sign-In Widget guide:
Sign into your web app with redirect auth (coming soon)
Embedded SDK and Sign-In Widget sign-in guide:
- Manual JWT validation in .NET
- Add an identity provider (includes social login)
- Validate access tokens
- Validate ID tokens
Note: Browse our recent ASP.NET Developer Blog posts (opens new window) for further useful topics.