Create a client application that you want to use for authenticating and authorizing your users.
Note: These steps cover the Okta org to Okta org scenario. When configuring another generic OIDC IdP, refer to the IdP's documentation to configure a client application.
- At the Okta org that represents the IdP, select Applications and then click Add Application.
- You need a trusted client, so select Web as the platform. OpenID Connect is the sign-in method by default.
- Click Next.
- Enter a name for your application.
- Leave the default for Login Redirect URI for now. We will come back and update that after the next section.
- Assign a group or leave the Everyone default. Be sure to verify that the users you want to have access are assigned to the group that you select.
- Click Done.
- Copy the Client ID and Client Secret from the Client Credentials section and paste in to a text editor. You need these when you configure this IdP in your org.